Thursday, May 22, 2008

IDOLATRY

So David Cook won American Idol. Yay, and I don't even know how many weeks behind real life we are so this is probably not news for anyone outside of Southern Africa. He was my second favourite but since they voted off the hot Australian along with all the other non-Americans really early, he became my fave.

But "DAVID COOK"? Dude! What kind of name is that for a pop idol (or "rock icon" - way cooler)? Dude's really going to have to think up something less ordinary ... something more artistic ... geez. He needs a new name. He sounds like someone who reads the news or writes a column in the Business Times. Oooo ... I know ... he could spell his name backwards: "David Kooc" (pronounced "cook"). Naaa. It sounds too similar.

Saw the bull-slash-cowdog again this a.m.. He/she was being walked by a fossil with legs equally bandy ... but I ain't got noooooo interest in the genitalia in that display cabinet, thank you.

I ate 3 more slices of banana cake. Gluttonous as that may sound, I think that if you eat enough banana cake it counts as a serving of fruit & vegetables.

I washed the dogs, which was disgusting as usual. Even when you use nice human shampoo, a newly washed dog still stinks like it's just scrambled out of the cattle dip tank. And I had to trim away those goopy, crusty globules of eye-juice which made me sick, especially when they stuck to the tub along with other dubious clumps of doggy debris after I let all the water out. Ag! The cats stood up on the side of the tub and watched the whole mess with great interest. I am certain they were sniggering and being smug in cat language watching those shivering, bedraggled creatures with their bulbous eyes and soggy forelocks flopping over their sorry faces.

But they got served later when they were chased mercilessly around the house by 2 proud, clean and veangeful dogs. I didn't stop them too much - when dogs are chasing cats as God and Cartoon Network intended, I am reassured there is order in the universe.

Worst thing about today

Mosquito bite on the sole of my foot. I'm not even sure it's a mosquito bite, because if it is, it was a mosquito with a mighty proboscis that can drill through foot skin. But it's itchy and the average scratch there just doesn't cut the mustard.

Best thing about today

The other guy - David Archuletta - sang "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me". I predicted that Paula would say something like "David, the sun is not going to go down on you - you are a star". After he finished, Paula said "David, the sun is not going to go down on you - you are a star".

I wet my freakin' pants. Wetting one's pants is a little uncomfortable, but a good belly laugh is worth it.



Ate logo

No comments: